These are qualified undergraduates / graduate student who want the opportunity to work in a conducive and challenging environment that presents practical insights/ industry experience in various businesses in their chosen fields to enable them start their career with the necessary foundation.
Interns acquire useful skills and competencies in preparation for future employment opportunities i.e. exchanging services for experience. Hence, these positions may be paid or unpaid and are usually temporary.
They will be evaluated on their capacity for analysis, decision making and creating workable solutions, as well as drive and enthusiasm, resilience and confidence.
Some of the requirements for this level of candidates / employees might include:
- A minimum of 5 credits in Maths & English.
- Currently enrolled in a university / undergoing/pursuing a Post Graduate degree program.
- Must have concluded at least the second year of university.
- Proof of current enrolment in an educational body/system.
- CGPA Transcripts.
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills; and an ability to work in a team.
Applicants for such positions may be subject to an ‘essay writing’ and interview and a Graduate Aptitude test.
The Duration for interns is usually at least 3 months and at most 1 year.